Video Streaming Plugin 6.1.0 for JMeter released
This plugin allows seamless, ultra-realistic and easy load testing of Live and VOD streams using HLS, MPEG-DASH and HSS formats.
It is used by major actors of the market.
Automatic handling of Audio Stream
Now the plugin automatically handles the playing simulation of the Audio playlist besides the Video playlist for the 3 formats HLS, Mpeg-Dash and HSS.
In case of Live Streaming simulation, it will automatically detect it and also update the corresponding manifest for HLS v4.
Handling of huge playlists
Our plugin is now able to efficiently handle playlists of more than 8 hours with high refresh rate (2s). This makes it one of the most powerful ones on the market allowing you to reduce your infrastructure costs when load testing such streams or shorter ones.
IP – Spoofing
We add in this version ability to do IP-spoofing :
Besides existing metrics, we introduced the following new metrics:
- “ulp_hits” provides the number of HTTP request that were made when reading 1 video stream.
- “ulp_avg_chunk_time” provides the average chunk download time when reading 1 video stream.
- “ulp_avg_manifest_time” provides the average manifest download time when reading 1 video stream.
Better bandwidth measurement
With minimum JMeter 3.1 version as a new requirement, we now also provide the “sent” metric.
Reported network metrics previously provided the uncompressed size of video chunks and manifest. We now provide the compressed size which reflects real network traffic.
Support of upcoming Apache JMeter 4.0
The new version 4.0 of Apache JMeter is coming soon with again a bunch of new features that make scripting and load testing even more productive and nice.
You can see some of the new features and bug fixes reading this github page.
Thanks to our partnership with Redline13 , the plugin is available from AWS cloud and ready to use in few clicks.
Note also our plugin can be used on other Cloud providers like:
So come and get a free trial version HERE.
Trial is free for 10 days.
- Ubik Load Pack is a JMeter based solution for complex protocols.
- Follow us on Twitter and StackOverflow.
- Follow Apache JMeter on Twitter
- Why you should upgrade to JMeter 5.0 1 October 2018
- How to record an Android application using HTTPS traffic with JMeter 10 September 2018
- Running Video Streaming Load Test with Taurus, JMeter and UbikLoadPack 6 September 2018