Load testing easily Oracle JD Edwards with JMeter and UbikLoadPack
What is Oracle JD Edwards?
Oracle’s JD Edwards EnterpriseOne is an integrated application suite of comprehensive enterprise resource planning software that combines business value, standards-based technology, and deep industry experience into a business solution with a low total cost of ownership.
EnterpriseOne is the first ERP solution to run all applications on Apple iPad. JD Edwards EnterpriseOne also delivers mobile applications.
Why is Oracle JD Edwards hard to script?
Oracle’s JD Edwards EnterpriseOne is complex to load test mainly due to scripting complexity.
Indeed, it requires mandatory technical parameters and variables in every request made to server. Those requests are dynamic and vary on every request. Those elements have to be extracted from previous responses and replaced in next requests, this is called manual correlation.
The number of ids can be very high (hundreds to thousands) which makes it very time consuming to create and maintain the scripts. As a consequence it is also very error prone.
Introducing UbikLoadPack Auto-Correlator Plugin
Hopefully, UbikLoadPack has introduced a new major plugin for Apache JMeter called Auto-Correlator that will solve your issues. We worked hard on a fast way for you to load test your application. Our plugin automagically extracts every technical ID and injects it next requests.
You do not have to care about technical requirements and can focus on your business logic.
Now you can record and run your load tests easily.
- 1°) As usual, install our plugin and record your application using standard JMeter Recording Template. See this blog for more details, paragraph “What about a little example?”.
- 2°) Once done, add as a child of Test plan:
- ULP AutoCorrelator PreProcessor
- ULP AutoCorrelator PostProcessor
- Ensure you set Technology to “JD Edwards”
UbikLoadPack Auto-correlator plugin is a great feature for your Oracle JD Edwards load testing. It will help you gain a considerable amount of time and create realistic load tests easily.
Here are the benefits you get with our solution:
- “Record & Play” solution : once your script is recorded, you will be able to launch your load test within few minutes !
- Big ROI on scripting
- Realistic load tests
- Maintainable solution as you don’t have to create a lot of extractors
- Light & performing plugin for JMeter
- Representative and trustworthy results
Do you want to test it?
A test is better than thousands of words, get a free trial version of UbikLoadPack Auto-Correlator Plugin and give it a try.
- Ubik Load Pack is a JMeter based solution for complex protocols.
- Follow us on Twitter and StackOverflow.
- Follow Apache JMeter on Twitter
- Why you should upgrade to JMeter 5.0 1 October 2018
- How to record an Android application using HTTPS traffic with JMeter 10 September 2018
- Running Video Streaming Load Test with Taurus, JMeter and UbikLoadPack 6 September 2018